Do you struggle with any of these areas in being vulnerable?
Speaking up? Saying No? Going for a new job? Lost a job?
Having faith? Waiting for a medical outcome? Doing things alone?
Reaching out to someone? Asking for help? Sharing your creativity?
What is vulnerability to you?
In this episode I share some tips on how to experiment with vulnerability as well as some of my vulnerability. I breakdown what are the qualities to look for in people that are good to share your vulnerability with.
Vulnerability is complex and something I’ve struggled with all my life. It was a completely foreign concept in my fathers toxic masculinity parenting of us.
Vulnerability is courage in you but it feels like inadequacy in me. I admire it in you but despise it in me. So in today’s show I’m trying to be vulnerable about vulnerability.
I share with you some practical tips on how you can start small in being more vulnerable with those in your world.
Don't forget to share with me when you're listening and tag me in @PaulScanlonUK
Like I share in the podcast I want to invite you to come and be a part of my online global community - THE MENTORSHIP GROUP, membership closes on June 7th
Find out if it's something you’d be interested in being a part of. I love connecting each month with this great tribe and look forward to having you be a part.
Learn more at: paulscanlon.com/mentorshipgroup
Spotting Narcissism In Yourself & Others -
My 10 observations to recognise and manage it.
Narcissism is all about a false self it’s a mask that people wear which slips over time and when it does you should be paying attention. It’s the fear of appearing ordinary which drives them to exaggeration and showing off to appear extraordinary.
Don’t ever try to confront or change a narcissist it’s like trying to nail jelly to the wall. Wish them well and move away from their toxicity.
Here are my 10 signs to look out for when it comes to narcissism to avoid in others and look out for if you have them in yourself.
1. They are self obsessed, self promoting and self absorbed whilst pretending to be interested in you
2. They brainwash you to believe that you need them in your life because their life is far superior
3. They manipulate you into their version of you
4. They make you question your thoughts and decisions in favour of theirs
5. They will never respect your boundaries because they only see their own importance
6. They don’t mind ignoring shaming minimising or isolating you to serve themselves
7. They will Gaslight and marginalise you then encourage and praise you simultaneously in the hope you don’t spot the manipulation
8. They use people because their agenda and priorities are always more important
9. They need people and relationships just like the rest of us but they’re unable to see others as equals
10. They will only want you in their world if you offer them financial security, status, support their projects or just generally stroke their ego in some way.
Come and be a part of my TRANSFORM THE LEADER WITHIN virtual experience happening on the 8th of May. Visit - paulscanlon.com/transform for more information.
Don’t forget to subscribe and please leave a review.
This podcast is about empowering you to live a bigger more influential life. Paul's unique ability to make complex things simple is a hallmark of his skill as a communicator.
His belief that it’s more important to grow people than things combined with his innate ability to walk in other peoples shoes creates a rare sense of connection with his audiences and followers.
Big people have bigger social circles and take bigger risks.
Big people think big and believe for bigger things.
Podcast current top picks.
Some of favourite episodes on Paul's channel, for you to dive into deeper. Listen below.
Don't forget to subscribe, share and review the channel.
Want FREE videos from Paul Scanlon delivered to your inbox?
✓ Just for those on the newsletter list
✓ No spam - unsubscribe at any time